The U.S. Embassy in Guatemala City will provide the following services by appointment only:
- Reporting the birth abroad of a child of a U.S. citizen
- First-time passport issuance (Form DS-11)
- Renewal of passports for minor children under the age of 16 (Form DS-11)
- Renewal of passports for applicants who are over 16 years old and whose previous passport was issued before the applicant turned 16 years old (Form DS-11)
- Replacement of passports issued more than 15 years ago (Form DS-11)
Services that don't require an appointment:
Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 01:00 to 03:00 p.m.
- Overcome cases (those applicants who have previously scheduled their appointment, came to the embassy, held and interview but were requested to submit further evidence/documents)
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 8:00 to 11:30 a.m.
- Additional Visa Pages (Visa pages are added while you wait and you can submit your application during our working hours) (Form DS-4085)
- Adults passport renewal (adults whose passport was issued with a 10 years validity and which issuance date was during the last 15 years) (Form DS-82)
- Replacement of an emergency passport (Form DS-5504)
- Data change or correction (Form DS-5504)
- Replacement of a lost/stolen passport (Forms DS-11 and DS-64)
- Notarial services and authentication of documents
*For further information about each service, click on it.
The ACS Unit will provide services for emergency cases on the following schedule:
Mondays and Tuesdays from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Wednesdays and Thursdays from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Fridays from 7:30 to 10:00 a.m.
All passport application forms have to be filled out on line, printed and submitted at your appointment:
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete all the necessary paperwork before arriving at the Embassy and also bring supporting documents such as birth certificates, photos, tax records, proof of residence in the United States, etc.
For more specific information regarding services, click on the links below:
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.