The U.S. Embassy in Guatemala City will provide the following passport services by appointment only:
- Reporting the birth abroad of a child of a U.S. citizen
- First-time passport issuance
- Renewal of passports for minor children under the age of 16
- Renewal of passports for applicants who are over 16 years old and whose previous passport was issued before the applicant turned 16 years old
- Replacement of passports issued more than 15 years ago
As of March 12, 2012, the U.S. Embassy in Guatemala City will only accept passport application forms filled out online:
Applicants are strongly encouraged to complete all the necessary paperwork before arriving at the Embassy and to also bring supporting documents such as birth certificates, photos, tax records, proof of residence in the United States, etc.
Every effort is made to assist applicants in a timely manner. However, delays may occur due to unexpected circumstances. Your patience is appreciated.
Please check the complete requirements through the following links:
- Passport Application at the Embassy (PDF 64K)
- U.S. Passport photograph Acceptance Guide (PDF 773K)
- Registering an American Citizen’s Birth in Guatemala
- U.S. Passport Photograph Acceptance Guide, Children’s Photos Addendum (PDF 256kb)
For more specific information regarding services, click on the links below:
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.